Jennifer L. Monti
- M.A. Italian Literature, Middlebury College (2014)
- M.A. Spanish Language, Literature and Culture, Syracuse University (2013)
- B.A. Spanish, History, Syracuse University (2011)
I’m interested in Iberian Literature of the XIX and XX century, with a focus on female writers and artists.
In particular, I’m interested in Catalan feminine literature and art of the XX century, as well as Spanish Civil War literature.
Lately, I’ve been working on the strong literary and artistic ties between Cuba and Cataluña during the XX century, with a particular interest for the work of Catalan women writers and artists who emigrated to the Cuba.
- “Los cementerios: heterotopías inmortales en Inventario secreto de La Habana y Le città invisibili”,Céfiro, 2014 (forthcoming)
- “Broken and Metaphorical Bridges in Carme Riera’s En el último azul”, Graduate Romance Studies Journal at SUNY Buffalo, 2014 (forthcoming)
- “La visión del ‘otro’: racismo y ostracismo en ‘El matadero’ y Facundo”, Revista Catedral Tomada, 2013