Este libro da a conocer la trayectoria cinematografica de Sergio Castilla.
This book retraces the filmmaker’s development in the context of politics and history even as it underscores the challenges of making movies in a country that lacks a film industry. That Castilla has managed to direct films with such actors as Héctor Alterio, Geraldine Chaplin and John Leguizamo (whose career he helped to launch), and that his movies have been acclaimed by film critic Roger Ebert and the Sundance Film Festival jury, are no small accomplishments, and one can only wonder what filmmakers like him could achieve if their nation fostered their creations.
- Jorge Ruffinelli, in Poligrafías: Revista de Literatura Comparada IV (2003): 267-70.
- Sabine Schlickers, in Hispanorama. Zeitschrift des Deutschen Spanischlehrerverbandes
95 (2002): 100.
- François Amy de la Bretèque, in Les Cahiers de la Cinémathèque 74 (2002): 151-52.
- Mariano Silva, in Revista Chilena de Literatura 59 (2001): 160-62.
- Roberto Ignacio Díaz, in Taller de Letras 29 (2001): 261-63.
- María Paz Mirosevic, in www.ulibros.cl
- Caras 352 (Sept. 28, 2001): 133.
- Oscar D’Empaire, in La Verdad (Maracaibo, Venezuela) Sept. 9, 2001: D4.
- Andrés Aguirre, in Revista El Sábado, El Mercurio June 30, 2001: 7.
- Revista de Libros, El Mercurio May 19, 2001: 10.
- Juan Andrés Salfate, in El Mercurio April 17, 2001: C9.