COVID-19 Department Updates
Dear Faculty and Students:
Due to COVID-19 precautions UCLA has transitioned to remote learning through Fall 2020.
The UCLA Department of Spanish & Portuguese staff is working remotely. During this period, we encourage you to email staff during regular business hours. We are also available for calls or virtual meetings but kindly ask for you to email us to set up a time in advance. You may also leave us a message on our office line that forwards to our email and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Thank you for your patience.
The facts related to COVID-19 are changing rapidly, so please routinely check with UCLA information sources for updates. The most up-to-date information can be found online at UCLA’s COVID-19 website, and emergency updates and resources are always available at Bruins Safe Online.
- Services available during safer at home orders: https://www.adminvc.ucla.edu/covid-19/campus-services-during-stay-at-home-order
ACADEMIC SERVICES, RESOURCES AND SUPPORT
- Academic Advancement Program (AAP): https://www.aap.ucla.edu/
- College Academic Counseling (CAC): https://cac.ucla.edu/
- Submitting your Academic Petitions Online
>>Credit detail, late/retro drop, restricted drop, excess study list see here: https://cac.ucla.edu/petitions-forms/study-list-petitions/
>>Blue petitions (including unit max); double major petitions: Message Center to appropriate advising unit.
- Honors: http://www.honors.ucla.edu/
AAP, CAC, and Honors are reachable via Message Center. Virtual Counseling also available via MyUCLA.
- Athletics: https://uclabruins.com/
Athletics Advisors are working closely with their students and can be reached directly via email.
- Center for Accessible Education (CAE): https://www.cae.ucla.edu/students
As the University has moved to an online test environment, the CAE will no longer proctor exams. However, the need for proctoring will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. If you have questions about an accommodation that cannot be provided in an online environment, please contact the CAE Counselor listed on your Letter of Accommodation.
- Student Services for Remote Learning:
- Economic Crisis Response Team (ECRT): https://www.studentincrisis.ucla.edu/
- Library Resources:
- VPN/proxy set up: Follow the instructions here: https://www.library.ucla.edu/use/computers-computing-services/connect-campus
- 24/7 chat service: https://www.library.ucla.edu/support/research-help
- Online tutorials for research and writing can be accessed here: https://www.library.ucla.edu/support/research-help/start-your-own-research-guide-or-tutorial or via the Library’s Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/TheUCLALibrary
- We have over 300 research guides for all the disciplines at UCLA, plus ones specifically designed for different tools or resources: https://guides.library.ucla.edu/?b=s
- The A-Z list gives access to the over 1000 different databases the library subscribes to: https://guides.library.ucla.edu/az.php
- See here for more remote resources: https://www.library.ucla.edu/remote
- Digitized versions of books held by UC: https://newsroom.ucla.edu/releases/ucla-library-digitized-uc-books
- Financial Aid & Scholarships: https://www.financialaid.ucla.edu/
- Counseling & Psychological Services (CAPS): https://www.counseling.ucla.edu/
- LGBTQ+ Campus Resource Center: https://www.lgbt.ucla.edu/
- Undocumented Student Program: https://www.usp.ucla.edu/
- Resources for Undocumented Californians: https://ciyja.org/covid19/
- Bruin Resource Center: https://www.brc.ucla.edu/
- Transfer Student Center: https://www.transfers.ucla.edu/
- Career Center: https://career.ucla.edu/
- Undergraduate events page: https://career.ucla.edu/events/undergrad
COVID-19 Resources and Support for Graduate Students
- UCLA Graduate Division: https://grad.ucla.edu/covid-19-resources-and-support/
- UCLA Dashew Center for International Students and Scholars: https://www.internationalcenter.ucla.edu/covid-19-updates
- UCLA Library: https://www.library.ucla.edu/news/remote-resources-general-information-ucla-library-users
UCLA Registrar’s Office
The Registrar’s Office is not closed. They switched to remote operations and are assisting students via the following options:
- MyUCLA Message Center
- RO Contact Hours page: https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Contacts-Hours
- General Questions email@example.com
- Transcript Questions firstname.lastname@example.org
- Veterans Benefits email@example.com
- RO COVID-19 FAQ: https://www.registrar.ucla.edu/Announcements/COVID-19-FAQ
Summer Sessions and Remote Instruction
UCLA has decided to continue to offer instruction remotely through Summer Session A and C. We ask faculty and staff to plan accordingly.
Check the Summer Sessions webpage for the most up to date information.