- Candidate in Philosophy, Hispanic Languages and Literature, University of California, Los Angeles (2017)
- M.A. Portuguese, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (2014)
- M.A. Translation, Federal University of Bahia (2011)
- B.A. English, Federal University of Bahia (2007)
- Teaching License, English Language, Federal University of Bahia (2007)
I am interested in Brazilian literature and culture. More specifically, my research focuses on Brazilian cinema and the representation of gender in the contemporary comedies. Lately, I have been working on the representation of the female subject in Brazilian comedies of the post-Retomada period, from 2002 – 2016. I have been investigating the implications of the use of humor in the representation of the female subject in various contemporary comedy subgenres in Brazilian cinema.
In addition to being a Candidate in Philosophy, I also have a certificate in Gender Studies, from the Gender Studies Department at UCLA.
- Párrafo Magazine, UCLA – Poem “A Formiga” (2016)
- Párrafo Magazine, UCLA – Poem “Pressa” (2015)
- III International Translation and Interpretation Conference (ABRATES), Porto Alegre Article “O Fantasma da Ópera: a Tradução do Filme Musical de 2004” (March, 2014)
- V Seminar of Research (SEPESQ): Tecendo Novos Rumos, Federal University of Bahia – “O Fantasma da Ópera: das Páginas para a Tela, a Adaptação de Rupert Julian” (October, 2009)
- X National Translators Meeting / IV International Translators Meeting, Ouro Preto University – Article “O Fantasma da Ópera: das Páginas para a Tela” (September, 2009)