- Ph.D. (1972) Linguistics, State University of New York at Buffalo
- Certificate (1968) Graduate Studies in English and American Literature, Universidade de São Paulo
- Bacharel (B.A.) and Licenciado (1965) Letters (English and Portuguese), Universidade de São Paulo
- “Portuguese Reflexivization and Some Related Problems.” In Fillmore, Charles, ed. Working Papers in Linguistics, Vol. 10, (1971).
- “On Portuguese Impersonal Verbs.” In Schmidt-Radefeldt, J., ed., Readings in Portuguese Linguistics (North-Holland , (1976).
- “Missing Subjects in Portuguese.” In Hensey, F and Lujan, M,, eds., Current Studies in Romance Linguistics, Georgetown University Press, Washington, DC., (1976).
- “Conditions on Clitic Movement in Portuguese.” Linguistic Analysis (1975).
- “Conditions on Quantifier Movement in French.” Linguistic Inquiry (1976).
- “Some Characteristics of the Caipira Dialect.” Encruzilhadas/Crossroads (1978).
- “Clitic Movement in French Causatives.” Linguistic Analysis (1979).
- “The Placement of Y, En in French Causatives.” Linguistic Analysis (1981).
- The Structure of Complementation. Story-Scientia, Ghent, (1982).
- “Finite and Infinitival Agreement in Portuguese.” Encruzilhadas/Crossroads (1982).
- “Some Issues on the Theory of Clitics.” Linguistic Analysis (1982).
- “Deductive Systems and the Concept of Reality in Linguistic Theory.” Manuscrito (1982).
- “Remarks on French Clitic Systems.” Linguistic Analysis (1984).
- “Zero Stimulation for Parameter Setting.” (with R. Freidin) Behavioral and Brain Sciences (1989).
- “Harmony, Lowering and Nasalization in Brazilian Portuguese.” Lingua (1990).
- “The Linguistics of Discovery.” (with C. Parodi) Encruzilhadas/Crossroads (1995).
- “NP Traces and the ECP/Binding Overlap.” In Campos, H. and Kempchinsky, P., eds. Evolution and Revolution in Linguistic Theory, Georgetown University Press, Washington, D.C. (1995).
- “Inflection and Parametric Variation: Portuguese vs. Spanish.” In Freidin, R., ed., Current Issues in Comparative Grammar, Kluwer, Dordrecht. (1996).
- “Inflection and Empty Categories.” In Freidin, R. ed., Current Issues in Comparative Grammar, Kluwer, Dordrecht. (1996).
- “Cyclicity and Stress Erasure in Portuguese and Spanish.” Rivista di Linguistica (1996).
- Aspects of Romance Linguistics, ed. (with C. Parodi, M. Saltarelli and M. Zubizarreta), Georgetown University Press, Washignton, DC. (1996).
- “Stress Domains and Diphthongization in Spanish.” In Gutierrez-Rexach, J. and Silva-Villar, L , eds. Perspectives on Spanish Linguistics. Department of Linguistics, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA. (1996).
- “On Agreement and Case.” (with C. Parodi). In Franco, J. et al., eds, Grammatical Analyses in Basque and Romance Linguistics. John Benjamins, Amsterdam (1999)
- “The Portuguese Infinitive and the Nature of Linguistic Explanation.” Mester 35 (2006).
- “The Enigma of Ezequiel and The Covert Theme of Dom Casmurro.” Luso-Brazilian Review.” 44.1 (2007).
- “Anaphora by Phase.” Syntax3; 299-329. (2008)
- “Afterwords.” In Acrisio Pires and Jason Rothman, eds. Minimalist Inquiries into Child and Adult Language Acquisition. Mouton de Gruyter, Berlin. 327-339. (2009)