- M.A. Hispanic Language & Literature, Seoul National University (2020)
- B.A. Hispanic Language & Literature and Economics, Seoul National University (2017)
My research focuses on multilingualism, heritage phonology, and L3 acquisition. In particular, I am interested in language contact and cross-linguistic influence in bilingual/multilingual language acquisition. I am also interested in experimental research methods and quantitative analysis.
- Kim, J. K., Kim, J. Y., Carter, J., & Choi, J. E., (2023). Demystifying heritage accent: Heritage accent perceived by heritage speakers. In Radek Skarnitzl & Jan Volín (Eds.), Proceedings of the 20th International Congress of Phonetic Sciences (pp. 2845–2849). Guarant International.
- Kim, J. K. (2020). Acoustical Analysis of Spanish Vowel Production by Korean Learners, Revista Asiática de Estudios Iberoamericanos, 31(1), 23-52. https://www.earticle.net/Article/A374157.
- Kim, J. K. (2019). Spanish Vowel Perception by Korean Learners of Spanish: Korean Learners Do Not Perceive Spanish ‘O’ as ‘O’, Journal of Arts and Humanities, 8(12), 43-56.
- Kim, J. K. (2019). La novela-diario como estructura simbólica en “Tlactocatzine, del jardín de Flandes”, de Carlos Fuentes, Sincronía, 75, 195-208. e-ISSN: 1562-384X
- Kim, J. K. (October, 2019). - Spanish Vowel Production by Korean Learners of Spanish: Can Adult Learners Produce Spanish Vowels Like Native Speakers?, Hispanic Linguistics Symposium, University of Texas at El Paso, TX.