- M.A. in Hispanic Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2019)
- B.A. in Spanish, Minor in French, University of Nevada, Las Vegas (2015)
- A.A. in World Languages, College of Southern Nevada (2013)
I’m interested in Latin American Literature and Culture of the 20th and 21st century. In particular, I’m interested in gender and sexuality and queer studies. One of my main interests is the representations of queer subjectivities in the narratives of several Latin American contemporary authors. The works of the authors like Luis Zapata, Enrique Serna and Manuel Puig are among some of the narratives that depict a diversity of queer subjectivities that are essential for my main research interests.
Publications & Presentations
- “El cine de Almodóvar: El uso de la estética camp y las nuevas identidades sexuales.” 4th Interdisciplinary Conference Humanities- World Cinema, Department of World Languages and Cultures, California State University, Sacramento, Oct. 27, 2018.
- “Los dos creadores de Augusto en Niebla.” First Annual Presentations: Vistas of Hispanic Studies, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, Department of World Languages and Cultures, Mary 3rd, 2018.
- “Angustias: Opression, authoritarianism and religion in Nada.” 12th Annual Graduate Student Conference, Department of Hispanic Studies, University of California, Riverside, February 15, 2018.